Ultimate HQ iPhone 3G/3GS Video Converting Guide!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FTWrath, Jul 18, 2009.

1. FTWrath macrumors newbie

I tend to specialize in video converting. I use programs and settings which achieve optimal results. If you need me to edit out the video links please just let me know. This is simply a tutorial to help other achieve the same results as I do and not rely on iTunes Store for high quality videos.
    lso, you don't have to download anything that costs a penny or requires so much as an email.
    Uses free programs that will achieve the results of paid converting programs.
    Well I wrote one for the Bold and after a good hour converting videos and messing with things I came up with the best settings for iPhone as well.
    Videos look better than the ones they make you pay $1.99 for!
    At some point my video reached 150 fps which is amazing.
    HD iPhone Video Converting Tutorial

Video Results
    Katy Perry - Hot and Cold

The video below was downloaded from Youtube (HD) and converted through my tutorial. If you want to download HD youtube videos just read the tutorial.
    Katy Perry - Thinking of You

What I wrote:
    How to achieve optimal settings using a free program.
    How to download HD Youtube videos using a free program

2. roblawton macrumors 6502

Thanks for this, I'll have a read and see how it goes.

3. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

Most people already know about Handbrake, as its been used for years now. Simple guide for noobs I guess.

4. FTWrath thread starter macrumors newbie

X-l

Yes, as have most converters. It's not like I just wrote "download handbreak" I broke down the best settings for converting for the iPhone device.
    Framerate reaches 150+ for me at some points.
    Although it was a simple tutorial not everyone knows of it.

5. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Very useful, thanks

Do you also know how to ensure that 16:9 videos are kept in the widescreen format?