Ultimate HQ iPhone 3G/3GS Video Converting Guide!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FTWrath, Jul 18, 2009.

1. FTWrath macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2009
    I tend to specialize in video converting. I use programs and settings which achieve optimal results. If you need me to edit out the video links please just let me know. This is simply a tutorial to help other achieve the same results as I do and not rely on iTunes Store for high quality videos.
    lso, you don't have to download anything that costs a penny or requires so much as an email.
    Uses free programs that will achieve the results of paid converting programs.
    Well I wrote one for the Bold and after a good hour converting videos and messing with things I came up with the best settings for iPhone as well.
    Videos look better than the ones they make you pay $1.99 for!
    At some point my video reached 150 fps which is amazing.
    HD iPhone Video Converting Tutorial

Video Results
    Katy Perry - Hot and Cold

The video below was downloaded from Youtube (HD) and converted through my tutorial. If you want to download HD youtube videos just read the tutorial.
    Katy Perry - Thinking of You

What I wrote:
    How to achieve optimal settings using a free program.
    How to download HD Youtube videos using a free program
  2. roblawton macrumors 6502

Oct 12, 2007
    Preston, UK
    Thanks for this, I'll have a read and see how it goes.
  3. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

Feb 29, 2008
    Aigio, Greece
    Most people already know about Handbrake, as its been used for years now. Simple guide for noobs I guess.
  4. FTWrath thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2009

Yes, as have most converters. It's not like I just wrote "download handbreak" I broke down the best settings for converting for the iPhone device.
    Framerate reaches 150+ for me at some points.
    Although it was a simple tutorial not everyone knows of it.
  5. davehutch macrumors 6502a

Mar 5, 2009
    Croxley, Herts
    Very useful, thanks

Do you also know how to ensure that 16:9 videos are kept in the widescreen format?