Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m021478

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
I've played around with quite a few file transfer apps such as Air Sharing, Breifcase, Readdledocs, ReachMyFile, FileMagnet, File Magic, Datacase, etc and I am having a difficult time figuring out which of these apps is the best option for file management on the iPhone??

I've search around quite a bit for a "definitive" comparison thread for iPhone file transfer apps, but I haven't really had any success...I'd love to start one here!!

Anyone care to weigh in on which App Store app you've chosen for file transfer/viewing/storage/management/etc on your iPhone?

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
ezShare

I've been looking at ezShare the last few day. I don't want to purchase a bunch of apps simply to narrow down which one is best and the reviews are not helping in iTunes.

I would be interested in hearing more info on ezShare

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
I used AirSharing for a while, but now use OneDisk. It doesn't support WiFi transfer but uses MobileMe instead. I drag the documents I need on the go to my MobileMe disk and then I can access and download them to my phone using OneDisk. It's much easier and sensible than WiFi transfer, as it requires no direct connection between the phone and computer.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
By a mile, iStorage and Readdle Docs are the best. Don't even bother with any of the others. I have iStorage and love it. I may get Readdle Docs too, because I like the feature of emailing a file to yourself to get it on your iPhone.

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2008
Dropbox effortlessly synchronizes your files/folders across multiple computers and has a nice iPhone-optimized webapp so that you can view your documents on the run...no messing with FTP, WiFi, etc.

thomahawk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2008
Osaka, Japan
i use airshare and i like it the best over all of the other apps

i got it when it was free so thank god. its like 5 or 6 bucks now.

m021478

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Air Sharing Pro was recently released, and I have to say this app is pretty amazing, and probably tops my list of iPhone File Transfer/Viewing/Storage/Management apps at the moment...

teohyc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2007
Does Airsharing Pro allow transfer via USB cable?

My office computers don't have wifi.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Readdledocs has been great for having both email attachments to Readdledocs and easy download from Safari (iStorage does this too).

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
I'm liking Documents to Go (Exchange Edition) at the moment. Update 1.1 came out yesterday allowing for full screen editing, support for system-wide copy/paste, in-app email (in the standard edition; Exchange edition already supported this). It's proving a really useful app, and in some ways is better to have all my docs stored locally on the iPhone rather than having to download from my iDisk.

I also really like the functionality in ReaddleDocs & Air Sharing Pro. If iDisk is key to you then go for one of these. If not, then try Docs to Go which currently allows .doc/.docx editing, with Excel editing coming in a future update. If you need Excel editing now, then go with QuickOffice. If you want to be able to print docs, then go with Air Sharing Pro.

blahblah73

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2010
i am a moron for believing your suggestion...

By a mile, iStorage and Readdle Docs are the best. Don't even bother with any of the others. I have iStorage and love it. I may get Readdle Docs too, because I like the feature of emailing a file to yourself to get it on your iPhone.

bought it, worthless as the suggestion

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I prefer Dropbox for most of that stuff now. SO much easier than all the others. (Extra easy if you install their application on your desktop so you don't have to use the website at all.)

For the few times I don't want to use Dropbox I use the iPhone app just called 'Files' and connect over wifi with it.

skiplo

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2010
Dropbox

IMHO nothing comes close to Dropbox. Not only is it the best for iPhone/Touch but can't be beat for sharing home and work files. Also use it to share/sync files on all computers on our home network including calendar files. Don't know how we got along without it. And it's free (with ample limits)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.