Ultimate iPhone Campout Guide: Century City

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigjohn, Jun 21, 2007.

1. bigjohn macrumors 6502

bigjohn

By way of Defamer and LA Gridskipper, the Ultimate iPhone Campout Guide with sales locations, photos and most importantly - lists of amenities like free bathrooms and good coffee. Campout Guide good only for LA's Century City, but a good idea that can be copied <hint><hint>.

2. TenaciousPZ macrumors regular

OH...MY...GOD!

I wish you people would stop with this camp out nonsense! Its incredibly childish and is completely unnecessary. GROW UP.

You want a phone? Show up to your nearest At&t store at 5:45

3. RR08EvoX macrumors member

^^ Dont HATE. The early bird gets the worm.

Personally I camped out for the PS3 pre sales, PS3 launch, Wii Launch and a couple years ago for the xbox 360 launch. Made about 6000 in console resales on ebay, which was enough to buy myself one of all the systems, a 42" lcd TV, and now an iPhone with enough money left over to pay for a couple years worth of service as well.

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wow...calm down. If people camp out, what do you care? Your not being forced to camp? And if your scared you might not get one because people are camping...either get over it, or get out there and out camp them.

I hardly see reason to get upset.

5. PhantomShadowz macrumors newbie

Right, because showing up 15 minutes before the iPhone is released means you're just gonna walk up and get one. :rolleyes:

Look, if you don't want to read about people talking about the iPhone or camping out, then don't come into the iPhone section on MacRumors.

6. TenaciousPZ macrumors regular

Personally I think that type of behavior is despicable. You should be embarrassed and ashamed to admit that, not proud of what you got out of extorting people.

That kind of behavior is condoned by these companies whose products become one of these "line up, buy, mark up on ebay" items. They revel in it as it artificially creates more demand and gives higher "worth" and "value" than they could ever charge in a free market economy. You are just a pawn to them, they know your type exists, and they actively employ it by releasing a very specific number of units. They intentionally create the small "benefit" that you receive, and in turn receive massive amounts of undue credibility and popularity.

Yes, I hate on this bull s**t and wish it would stop.

Because its immature and ridiculous. I want an iPhone as much if not more than anyone that will be there "camping". It is just a waste of time FOR THIS PARTICULAR PRODUCT because there will be plenty available for everyone actually plunking down the money.

Edit: Key point, actually plunking down money. Many people who camp DO NOT buy.

I can promise you everyone will get one, and I can also assure you that this is not what the iPhone section of MR is for.

7. PhantomShadowz macrumors newbie

If you think that everyone who wants one, is going to get one, you're fooling yourself.

8. TenaciousPZ macrumors regular

Hardly. This is not PS3, this not a product competing with another superior product at the same time. This is a product made by a company with the intention to sell as many units on the 29th as possible, not take as many backorders as possible. All of the information released points to this. Anything else is simply hype.

9. pr5owner macrumors 65816

camping out is somewhat childish, what are you trying to prove? most people have a phone ALREADY, not getting the iphone when you already have a cell is not going to kill you, it may even save you since you dont lose $600+ right away. being patient also has its rewards, 1gen anything may not always be the best thing to run out and get.

a responsible person would wait and not fight in like at 5:55

10. PhantomShadowz macrumors newbie

Arguing with you at this point is stupid. We both have our own views on it, and we're not going to budge. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who is right next friday.

11. applehero macrumors 6502

I agree, I don't like hearing about eBay scalping. If you are going to do it, fine, nobody can stop you, but do everyone a favor and do not gloat about it.

12. TenaciousPZ macrumors regular

Thats fine, just for the future, base your argument on reality instead on bogus hype, that's all.

13. RR08EvoX macrumors member

^^ Bogus hype? Hype is exactly what it is, hype, and thats whats going to drive people to the stores and thats whats going to cause these phones to sell out. If you dont want to contribute to it then sit back and watch, because people are going to hype it up no matter what. When D day comes, make a decision, do I wait in line or do I try and show up with the possibility of no more being available.

14. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

OK I'm sorry but if you don't like all the hype and camping out threads....why are you here? MacRumors...Forums....IPHONE....

15. Lebowski macrumors 6502

so basically you have no life, too much money, or are a 14 year old kid with rich parents?

btw, im glad you made a nice profit by waiting in line for a game console you didnt even keep... got it just to sell..... nothing like driving up insane demand by "scalping" consoles.

get a life.

16. DMK macrumors newbie

Are you f**king kidding me !? :mad: I gotta worry about not getting an iPhone cause of people lining up to do this kind of crap.

I hope AT&T makes it impossible for people to get out of their 2 year contracts to weed the re-sellers out of line.

17. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

Tenacious - can I just say that please remember Apple's kit is the foundation for a lot of people's passions, hobbies, jobs and lifestyle and NOBODY got the right to pooh pooh their level of excitement. I say good for those who want to camp out...not personally my style but I understand the level of passions involved here...

and let's be clear ;

This is the best piece of tech kit that's EVER been invented - EVER (I hope).

That's not hype that's experience of having played,used, bought and toyed with tech since I was about 7 years old...

I think your lucky your getting this in June - in the UK we don't know when were going to get it!!!

This is America's pride - celebrate it FFS!!!

18. bigjohn thread starter macrumors 6502

bigjohn

Wow, good to see everyone is replying to my post favorably.. I myself won't even camp out - I'll be participating in the massive DDOS frenzy that will be trying to buy from the Apple online store or AT&T.com

19. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I guess chalk me up as non-sensical and childish!! Woohoo, who is with me? I will bring the marsh mellows!!:D

C'mon, don't get so worked up. Camping out for something is fun. I plan on enjoying myself around some other mac enthusiasts and having a good time with good folks.

20. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

From the impressions I'm getting it will be difficult to scalp the phones on ebay without paying a heavy penalty (i.e. early termination fee). SJ would not allow scalping on ebay. :cool:

21. applehero macrumors 6502

I'd be right there with ya, with some cold Lone Star Light, but sadly I'll be in WI trying my luck up there. :(

22. Troyte83 macrumors regular

honestly the only way i would camp out is if i could bring a 12 pack and drink all night:D

23. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

You can't use it with gloves, so you have a better shot at getting one than me, lol. :p

24. applehero macrumors 6502

HAHAHA!!! :cool:

I feel pretty good about my chances of getting one, especially where we'll be.

25. Troyte83 macrumors regular

Buddy i understand you have your views on what is childish and what is not. but don't bring this **** around here. understand that it is the hottest product of the year and people WILL camp out. Don't come into an iPhone thread and start calling people who have been waiting since January for the iPhone childish because they want to get it. if i didnt have a full time job id prolly be camping out too. so why don't you go hate this **** somewhere else because it's NOT going to stop.