Ultimate iTunes server/Media setup

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ajmernone, Oct 6, 2008.

1. ajmernone macrumors newbie

I have had lots of views but only 1 (ok) reply!!! If your concitering replying, PLEASE DO!!!!!

First I want to say hi to all (I'm New) and thanks for all the help you can possibly give me.

I have allot of stuff that I know can be used in amazing ways, but I'm not to good in the creative department. So what I want to do is create a iTunes/Media server that I can integrate with everything I have. Also if there is any other cool stuff i can do with all my gear let me know.

My Stuff-

1- 24" iMac W/ 3.06 GHz, 4 GB of memory, 1TB Drive:apple:
    1- 13" MacBook W/ 2.4 GHz, 4GB of Memory, 250 GB Drive:apple:
    1- Apple TV, 160GB Drive:apple:
    1- AirPort Extreme:apple:
    2- AirPort Express's:apple:
    1- Drobo 6 TB Data Robot W/ (4) 1.5 Tb Seagate Drives
    1- Buffalo LinkStation W/ 500 GB Drive
    1- Windows HTPC 3.4 GHz, 8GB Memory, (2) GeForce 9800 GX2 Video Cards
    1- Dell XPS 630 2.83-12 MB, 6MB Memory, (2) 750GB Drives
    2- 9.1 surround sound theaters (1 in Basement & 1 in Living Room)
    1- 7.1 surround sound theater (in Bedroom)
    3- iPhones (2 new,1 old):apple:

Thanks in advance if you can help me!:)
    A.J.

P.S. I am a Home Theater designer and don't know to much about the possibilities of macs.

2. corinhorn macrumors 6502a

corinhorn

Holy crap that's a lod of stuff!

I have a 3TB HD setup that has all my iTunes content. It is connected to my iMac. My iTunes library for my iMac accesses everything from this 3TB HD. I enable sharing in iTunes and on my wireless network, on my other computers (Macs and Windows) with iTunes, I am able to access my iMacs iTunes library (music, movies, TV shows, etc). I am also able to access them from my Apple TV.

I have to always have my iMAc on and iTunes open, but this isn't a big deal for me.

Your iMac has digital audio out. You need a mini fiber optic cable connector or something and and optical cable and you can hook up your surround system. The mini-connector connects to your headphone/audio line-out port in your iMac.

Hope this gives you some ideas.