Ultimate late 2016 MBP (TB) set-up thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iBrooker, Nov 21, 2016.

1. iBrooker macrumors 6502

Please share details of your set-up :D
    • What spec is your machine
    • What monitor/s are you (or will you be) using
    • Which peripherals are you getting (hard-drives, hubs, etc)
    • Which accessories do you have or will you be getting (cases/docks/stands etc)
    • Plus anything else you'd like to share
    Photos always welcome! :p

2. hiker- macrumors newbie

13", non-TB, i5, 16GB, 1TB
    Connected to port 1 is this mini dock http://www.juicedsystems.com/BizHUB--USB-C-Multiport-Gigabit-HDMI-Hub_p_46.html, charger, ethernet, mouse and keyboard through monitor KVM.
    Connected to port 2 is an Eizo CX271 with a displayport adapter.
    This is now on a matching rain design mstand in spacegray.

I'm planning to get a dock with displaport once there is one that doesn't require an extra ethernet driver and has good reviews. Or a 5k monitor that has more then one input and works well with a PC.

3. kwandrews macrumors 6502

• 2016" MBP 15" base model
    • Returned the 4k LG monitor when I swapped from the 13"...won't power it and only lowly USB2.0 speed hub. Not sure on monitor, for now, I'm running just the 15"
    • Peripherals: 2 Apple USB-A adapters, HooToo shuttle (USB 3.0 x 3, HDMI and passthrough power), 1 USB-C SSD 525GB bus powered drive (Crucial drive/Satechi case), two 4TB MyBook drives for file storage (USB 3), TimeCapsule 2TB, etc, etc. plus my Apple bluetooth keyboard and Magic Trackpad (gen I)
    • Case = leather messenger bag designed for 13" laptops...yes, the 15" fits! Rain mStand that I've had for year.
    • Enjoying it so far :)