Ultimate protection laptop sleeve recommendations?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whitedragon101, Feb 9, 2011.

1. whitedragon101 macrumors 6502a

2. chopper dave macrumors regular

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great!
    [​IMG]

4. vistadude macrumors 65816

I got the vertical brain cell and it's very good. It has extra padding so you can drop your laptop in rather than place it in, even if it's on the floor. The vertical brain cell is better if you want to put the sleeve in a backpack. The booq viper might be a little stronger but seems like the zippers make it more annoying to open every day.

5. whitedragon101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Its hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the double flap system leaves a gap in the top where water could get in unimpeded. Is this the case, or does it compare well for sealing to a zippered sleeve?

Also it says:
    " a 4mm hard corrugated plastic shell that protects from the front, back, and bottom."
    Does it have protection on the sides?

6. whitedragon101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

How hard is the corrugated plastic? How would you rate it for protection against impacts?

How would you rate the protection on the side where there is no corrugated plastic?

7. RayK macrumors 6502

Another vote for the Booq Vyper here. I have one for both my 15" MBP and 13". Very good protection!