Ultimate Question, macbook + 23" ACD = loud ass fan??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jjahshik32, May 5, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

This is the last question.. will running the macbook 2.4Ghz model connected to the 23" ACD make the fans rev up on the macbook?? So far I've seen some reviews done by some people (about 5) and they are using their macbooks and I hear the fan revving up for no reason! :eek:

Plus I dont want to be driven crazy with the fan kicking in just because the macbook is trying to drive the 23" ACD!

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I've not had a problem with loud fans on my 2.4 BlackBook. Fans have been running normal, only spinning up when sites use flash or something.

3. psalento macrumors newbie

I am using my macbook (2GHz Intel Core Duo) with 23" ACD without fans kicking out. At my workplace there are more than five setup like that without problems.

I do have a problem though with some other external displays. If I have mini-dvi to dvi connected to some displays the fans are at maximum if computer is powered off (it is very strange; after shutdown the fans will turn on at maximum and continue like that until I disconnect the mini dvi cable). However, that might not have anything to do with the problems you have heard about.