Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nomad110

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
The 2.7 shouldn't make THAT big of a difference. I mean, the extra L3 cache IS nice, but it shouldn't be night/day.

Well I only have a reference to the Apple Store models that were baseline. My 2.7 doesn't have any lag at all in anything. It's sickly fast. Sickly!

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Wrong. The integrated is more then capable of doing window compositing.

----------

You are aware that you can get a BTO setup in Apple store, are you? Many stores have different options in stock. The store I went to also featured both 2.3ghz and 2.6 ghz models.

No you can't. They offer 3 models in stores. Change anything (16gb) and they don't carry it. The only in store 16gb unit is 2.7ghz, and I haven't seen a store that has one!

Nomad110

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Well I will say that flash heavy sites do have a little bit of lag. The Verge is a good example.

Queen6

macrumors G4
Well I only have a reference to the Apple Store models that were baseline. My 2.7 doesn't have any lag at all in anything. It's sickly fast. Sickly!

A performance increase of 9.92% average is all your going to get with the 2.7, which makes for little or any noticeable difference in day to day use. Those "pegging" their CPU`s; working with video, audio, imagery for a living are the ones who will see a benefit, as in general time for them is money.

My own base 2.3 benchmarks with Geek Test over 11K consistently (32bit), 8% slower than the 2.7 :apple:

http://browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarks

serenesam

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2011
So I got my MBP retina several weeks ago and I must say that 1440 by 900 is definitely not best for retina. I would say 1680 by 1050 is best for retina. Perhaps Apple thought that was too small, okay, fine, why not 1600 by 900 then like the Samsung Series 9? Still think that is too small, yet the Sony Vaio 15.5 S series has a native resolution of 1920 by 1080 IPS technology. I can understand why some people prefer the lower resolutions, I used too as well but as time passed by, I actually got used to the higher resolution. Print size used to look small to me but not anymore and I come from a long series of Sony notebooks. As for videos and photos, once you get used to it, it is just beyond amazing.

entraik

Suspended
Jan 22, 2009
i picked up a maxed out retina from the apple store a few days ago... 768 gb, 2.7 ghz, and 16 gb of ram for audio production... while its fast, certain websites do lag while scrolling. Even the App store is a bit laggy. I'm usually at 1920x1200 res... This shouldn't be acceptable for a maxed out spec laptop. Are people on the cMBP having the same issue with this lag or is it only affecting the retinas?

chrisfromalbany

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
i picked up a maxed out retina from the apple store a few days ago... 768 gb, 2.7 ghz, and 16 gb of ram for audio production... while its fast, certain websites do lag while scrolling. Even the App store is a bit laggy. I'm usually at 1920x1200 res... This shouldn't be acceptable for a maxed out spec laptop. Are people on the cMBP having the same issue with this lag or is it only affecting the retinas?

I would think only be ppl with rMBP and new displays.. cMBP don't have new display so why would they have any issues..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.