Ultimate Shield Tempered Glass - iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dino F, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I recently bought Ultimate Shield's tempered glass screen shield from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Sh...8418&sr=8-1&keywords=ultimate+shield+iphone+6

and at first, it wasn't to my liking. The one I was sent, had a plastic border around the edges (in the link, you can see the screen shield has a black border - this border is made of plastic and NOT glass, like the rest of the screen shield). Anyway, I put this protector on my iPhone 6 and it really felt horrible!!! The plastic border REALLY would not stick down at all so I was left with horrible air bubbles around the corners + you could see a large gap (between the border and the surface of the iPhone 6), where the screen shield was lifting up!! I emailed Ultimate Shield and they said that they had recently changed their screen shields, from an all glass one to the one with the plastic border. They said it was due to people complaining that the all glass one didn't stick or something?!

I then told them about my issue and they asked if I would like to try the all glass one instead. Well, when I received this - what a difference it made!!! It was 100% better than the plastic border ones!! Here are a few pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see the screen shield is also compatible with the case (the plastic border one wasn't) I am using from SGP (THE most slimline case I have found which still offers some protection!) It keeps fingerprints at bay (to a certain extant) which is good. The only negative I have is that tiny bits of hair and lint tend to attract themselves to the side of the screen shield but that is a really tiny negative (depends how OCD you are I guess!!).

At only £9.99 from Amazon - this screen shield works WAY better than most of the best top selling brands - for that price, you can't go wrong.

;)

2. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

......I'm actually now considering taking this off now - the sides of the protector (the small gap between the protector and the glass screen of the phone where it doesn't fully touch (the bit all around the edge)) gathers SO much dust and lint its unreal!!! I can lift up my phone and physically see all the gunk trapped under there :mad:

Its driving me crazy..............!!!:confused: