ULTRA ATA/100 2.5" Drives...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shaunymac, Nov 11, 2009.

1. shaunymac macrumors 6502

Does anyone know where to get these?

My mom has an iBook that I told her I would fix for her and I can't really find any. Newegg has one and out of three reviews, two people say it is crap.

I ordered just a ATA drive on accident and didn't look at the drive before I started taking apart the computer so now I have this thing spread out across my floor. I hate these olders macs. Ugh! 50 screws just to get to the hard drive.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

2. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

Nm, I was being stupid.

I always seem to forget you have to pull off that connector on ata drives. I even went so far as to go buy another one before I realized this. Wow, I feel dumb sometimes.

Oh well. Lesson learned. The iBook is put back together! Leopard is being installed as I type. Hooray!

3. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

Usually laptop drives are referred to as ATA/5 or ATA/6. I think all Apple laptops made after 2000 take ATA/6 drives just fine, including all non-toilet seat iBooks.

4. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

I always hate ordering ATA drives because of all the different tags associated with them.

My leopard disc is being a pain. It's stalling, giving me "install failed," yadda yadda. This disc has done this to me from day one. I should really take it and see if apple will swap it.