Ultra-Case? Anyone know much about them?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bunnicula, Jun 29, 2009.

1. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I've got a Power Support Air Jacket on my white 3GS, and while I like the form factor, I'm not feeling the love with the gray marks on the back. Yes, I used the clear dot stickers on the back (as the Japanese site instructed, after trying only 2 of them like the package said) and it still looks dirty.

Sooo... I stumbled across Ultra-Case from one of the ads on here. Anyone ever tried them?

I've seen a few there I like. They appear to be reasonably thin, and they don't cover the bezel. I have no desire to go there.

I had a slider on my old black 3G. It scratched the hell out of my phone. I used silicon and leather with my 1st gen. I hate silicon (lint) and leather feels too bulky.

I'm starting to think I'll just quit using a case and give up. I'd probably like the Air Jacket if the stupid back didn't look like it has little gray half moons all over it. Geeeeez.

I even considered buying a white Air Jacket (I did briefly use the matte black on my old black 3G and it was alright), but I sorta like the way the clear makes it seem like you have no cover on. Well... except for the dingy gray thing.

The Ultra-Case ones seem to show the logo, or else they have it built onto the back of the case... I figured I could buy a white one and it'd resemble a phone with no case at first glance... that'd be sorta nice.

Or... I'd just get one of the clear/tinted ones with unique patterns on them that show the logo, and they'd be thin enough not to bug me with all that bezel bulk like the other cases.

But... Apple doesn't sell'em. Heck, they don't even sell the white Air Jacket, which is really odd.

Anyone tried them before?

Anyone tried the white Air Jacket?

Thankyamuch!

2. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Well, I just got mine in the mail and perhaps it's the ones I ordered, but I don't really care for them at all, or at least not for that price! I've already sent them an email about returning them. I mean, they'd be OK if I'd snagged them for about half the price I paid, but certainly not for $20 apiece! I'm just afraid of what looks like a total lack of drop protection. I've never dropped my iPhone, but there's always a first time!

3. meagain macrumors 68030

You could find most all of them on Ebay either from USA or China for $4.99 and free ship or a tad more depending on model. I got the Blue Viper off ebay for that price, but just HAD to have the Curve so I bit the bullet on that since I couldn't find it on Ebay. They obviously don't cover the bezel so it's really a skin for the back. I have a skin on mine and I hope it goes over it.

4. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

The only cases I could find on eBay are the UCP Ultra Thin. Anyone ever use those?