Ultra-Case? Or something else?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LongDistance, Mar 6, 2011.

1. LongDistance, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

LongDistance macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new here on the forum and will admit up front that I'm not in the loop about a lot of things Apple-related. I used an ipod (which I love) since high school (and been through a couple actually) and this January was up for an upgrade and chose the iPhone 4 after doing research and such. I absolutely love it and it has made me a big Apple fan to the point that I'm considering moving to a Mac one day when it's necessary to update.

To the point though. I'm still in search of just the right case. I'm currently using an Otterbox Defender, which I know a lot of people don't care for, but I like it. However, I'd like something a little more sleek. I came across this case recently: http://www.ultra-case.com/product.php?pID=733. I searched this forum to find a thread first before I posted and didn't find anything. Does anyone have any experience with this case? If not, I'd also be open to your suggestions about a similar case. I like the coverage on the front, similar to the defender but with the sleeker design and option for colors. Keep in mind that I'm a graduating college student looking towards grad school, so I'm certainly not made of money.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. LongDistance thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to double post but anyone? I'd really appreciate some info if someone wouldn't mind sharing. Thanks.

3. mgeyster macrumors member

mgeyster

Hello Longdistance,

I make and sell impactband for iPhone 4 found here: http://baseonelabs.com If your thinking you might drop your phone someday by accident then this is a great choice. There is also an extensive thread on here where you can read about others that have had it. Hope you like it.

Matt

4. LongDistance thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand that you're trying to promote your product but that isn't at all what I described I'm looking for.

Can anyone give me any relevant suggestions? I don't mean to be a pain, I'm just interested in the experience anyone has had with the Ultra-Case or any other case that provides the coverage like the one in the link I provided above.

Thanks

5. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Last time I have heard, these are all rip off stuff from other manufactures.

6. emilie123 macrumors newbie

According to your opinion, you try to promote your product

7. LongDistance thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies, guys. I did find another case recently. I'm looking at the Trident Cyclops as well now. I've read a few reviews and the response seems a bit mixed. Does anyone have any personal experience with it?