Ultra light font and flat design or bold and fat

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by utsavtalwar, Jul 31, 2013.

?

Font and button design

1. Bold type and fat rounded button

13.9%
  2. Ultra light type and minimalist in flat buttons

86.1%
  1. utsavtalwar, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

utsavtalwar macrumors member

Ever since beta 4 came out I've been wondering if there is any chance apple might still bring back the Helvetia ultra light font and flat buttons because I'm sure a lot of people really liked them specially on places like the phone app.

Really hope they revert back to the non bold text and thin and minimalistic non rounded phone buttons.

2. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

(Old font camp) Give us back the old font. It looks nicer / prettier / more elegant.
    (New font camp) Thank you for giving me a font that I can actually read without eye strain.

IMO, one of the arguments -- at least with respect to the default font -- is rather silly.

3. utsavtalwar, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

utsavtalwar thread starter macrumors member

Not just the fonts I'm also somehow not liking the change of 'buttons' to the new pudgy ones with rounded borders. I really hope they don't take too much user feedback and do what they do best. Think for the user.

4. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

The font was never Ultra Light. You can barely see that one. They used Helvetica Neue Light. Now it's Regular.

Light looked way better.

And the buttons looked much nicer before beta 4. I loved how elegant everything looked in beta 2. Now it's just not as attractive.

5. utsavtalwar thread starter macrumors member