Ultra long sync times ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by /dev/toaster, Aug 2, 2008.

1. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I was wonder if has found any work arounds for the ultra long sync times of 2.0. Currently, it takes about 15 minutes to sync my phone. The phone is about half full of music and video, with a few apps. 15 minutes isn't so bad ... however.

My girlfriends iPhone currently takes 2.5 hours to sync. Yes, not joking. Heres the kicker. She has no songs and no video, all applications. About ~113 applications.

Are there any preferences to just sync and not backup ? At this point, its very annoying anytime I want to put more music on it.

2. Guitar7272 macrumors member

Just click the little x next to the backup status bar in itunes. The rest of the sync will carry on automatically. I let mine backup at night when I get home from work but if I just want to add songs or do something real quick I just cancel the backup.

3. /dev/toaster thread starter macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Sweet! I will give it a shot next time I sync a song over.

Thanks much

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You are better off cutting the backup off with the Terminal command (then cutting it on once a week or month). Hitting the x corrupts your current backup and you could be in a mess if you need it.

5. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

Aloha everyone,

Not only does my backup take at least that long, but now for the second day in a row all of my iPod content has been mysteriously deleted. I was simply listening to a podcast and I wanted to play Mahjong, but once I clicked on the app's icon, my iPhone rebooted and all of my music and videos (11GB and change) was gone. Furthermore, only the Apple apps worked - all of the 3rd party apps crashed a couple of seconds. I restored my iPhone last night and did a full backup, but it happened again today. I have an appointment at the Genius Bar today and am thinking of requesting a replacement iPhone.

HawaiiMacAddict