Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eliotschreiner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
photoshopimac.jpg

Yes, it's photoshopped. I've never tried photoshop before, so this is my first attempt. What do you think? Good idea?

I was just really bored.

Benjic

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2007
Madison, WI
Te be perfectly honest, I'd go for a design like that, only if they somehow got rid of the "Chin" of the imac, or made it all black.

hmmql3.jpg

or like that.

duncyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
Te be perfectly honest, I'd go for a design like that, only if they somehow got rid of the "Chin" of the imac, or made it all black.

SNIP[i/]

or like that.

Agreed- the extra width on the model would surely allow enough room for "Chin Removal".

Hell, even if it was an inch or so deeper at the back I'd go for one.

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
32:10 at least 3840x1200 would make me very happy.

However, I would prefer just the display, and curved vs. straight would not be very important as long as it was the crisp over the entire thing from a single vantage point.

I like the design of the alienware curved display, but at 2880x900, it is hardly worth the trouble. I want the pixels!

takeabyteoutta

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2008
Looks

a lot like the 17" iMac G4 screen size. That was a beautiful widescreen monitor.

I don't understand why they don't just put a 1 inch black border lined by the 1/4" aluminum rim around the screen, in order to eliminate the chin. They can still put an apple centered and it'll look sweeeeet.

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
it would be cool to see a photoshop of an uber-widescreen iMac in a 'real' situation, e.g. on a desk, then we could all get a sense of just how amazingly cool this thing would be!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.