Ultraportable MBP Rumors credibility?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tshapi, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Tshapi macrumors regular

Question? I am considering buy a Blackbook.

I want to know the credibility of the Ultraportable MBP 13" to come at Macworld in jan and what the stats might be?

should I buy a Blackbook now?

should i buy a blackbook when the christmas return policy kicks in, that way at least i can have fun for a month before returning in on the last day and waiting for Macworld?

or

should I wait til macworld and then buy? that way i can get the new Ultraportable if i like the specs?

tell me what u think.

having it now is not pressing.

I just like my laptop small and i figured a 13" if it is a MBP it would have a dedicated GPU, but the downside is possible no optical and a very small hard drive, but i possibly switch it out if it's like the MB

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

you said it yourself, you don't need the computer right now so if i were in your spot i would really just wait another two months and see what comes out of the much anticipated mac world next year!

3. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

This question hits on the reason that I'm a newbie in this forum. I hold no credibility whatsoever with the announcements of Apple product introductions from anyone but Apple. Rumors are just rumors until you can buy them or a release date is set by Apple. :apple:

Rumors are fun to talk about and speculate on. Heck, they're even fun to start. :cool: I've been a member of Apple Discussions and talking about rumors are against terms of use. That's why I joined here....so I can read and talk about them with all the rest of you. To date, I've certainly enjoyed it. :)

-GDF

4. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

Haha While rumors are just rumors, predicting SOME Apple product updates aren't that difficult. Usually there are 2 laptop updates a year, typically an update for the ipods.... its really not rocket science, just follow the buying guides and you will see patterns.

5. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

You said it yourself. Wait. The pleasure you'll gain from having it early, compared to the pain of them releasing something you might like better is not comparable. Of course, anything they are likely to release that is "better," like a sub-notebook, is also like to to be considerably more expensive than the MacBook.

6. lil'homunculus macrumors regular

lil'homunculus

you may also want to pay attention to :apple: patent applications. Something 'big' is gonna happen...

7. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

I'd wait.

I'm really curious what's going to be at MacWorld, since we really don't have a clear idea. Apple's run out of "next big things" - it's released the iphone, updated the ipods and created the ipod touch, updates the imacs to aluminum, and released leopard. What's next? I have no idea. I'm hoping it'll be an ultraportable MBP or ultraportable MBP tablet.

8. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

..........hmmmm. Is that like a pun?:D (get it....SpaceJello/Rocket Science...:eek: i guess if you have to explain 'em, they're no good)

No but really.. my son turned me on to this site and I like it a lot. Most of the time, the speculation is right on and hey...the rest of the time it's nice to dream.

9. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Wait till Jan. Macworld.

We should know by then.

10. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

haha no puns there lol
    and welcome to the site :)

11. Tshapi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the input.

Price isn't a concern of mine, If i can save 1500 i can save 2000.

what i want is a 13" with a dedicated graphics card so i can edit. If I buy the MB I will trick it out with 4gb of ram.

Also, I dunno about some of you. I am just not completely in love with the MB right now, but i guess that is because i am hoping jan might bring something better.

I watch a lot of movies, while the missing optical drive could be a problem i can always buy an external.

what is your speculation?

from what I have seen MacRumors is fairly reputable and apple insider is also fairly accurate when they post things, they may seem as rumors. but if i read it in apple insider and Macrumors, then i tend to give them a lil bit of weight