Ultrasn0w 1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kngbryn, Jan 8, 2012.

1. kngbryn macrumors newbie

I believe that I was able to jailbreak my iPhone 4 using Greenpoison.

However, I also need to unlock in order to change carriers as I moved to a different country and entered into a contract without noticing that my my iPhone was not yet ready.

I had originally installed ultrasn0w through Cydia, but it was version 1.2.5 and it does not unlock my baseband, which is 03.10.01. I believe the solution is installing ultrasn0w 1.3, but am having problems. I went to Sources and entered the http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ source, but there is nothing within it and the logo is shown as a question mark. I cannot seem to find the 1.3 version.

I have the new sim card in the iPhone and it generally shows 1 bar or No Service.

Can somebody help me?
    I feel that my only other choices is to somehow change my baseband from the current 03.10.01 to 01.59.00 or change the APN somehow (I tried going to unlockit.co.nz, but the carrier was not one of the choices).

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Never heard of version 1.3. 1.2.5 is the latest. You don't need to add that repo any more it is now included by default when cydia is installed.

3. kngbryn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the response.

I tried installing the ultrasn0w 1.2.5, but it only supports the 01.59.00 baseband for the iPhone 4 from what I know.

I read that there is an ultrasn0w 1.3 that supports the baseband 03.10.01 that I am currently on. Am I misinformed?

What can I do to unlock my iPhone?

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

no there is no unlock for that baseband only 1.59.00. sorry!

5. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Ultrasn0w doesn't support your baseband your only option is a gravy sim if your on ios4 as i don't think they work on ios 5

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

Yes.

Nothing.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

not a option at the moment!

8. kngbryn thread starter macrumors newbie

So, is there no way whatsoever?
    I already have a contract and am in BIG trouble if I can't connect to the network.

I know that ultrasn0w 1.2.5 that is out for sure supports 01.59.00. Is there a way to change basebands?

Or is there an option similar to unlockit? I know unlockit does not have my carrier, so it is not an option at the moment.

9. spin360 macrumors member

Just sell it and buy an iPhone that works on your new carrier? You're not in "BIG" trouble as you say, it's a pretty simple solution that may cost you a small amount of money.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

this is the best and only way at the moment! you can not downgrade your baseband not possible.. there is no unlock out there for 03.10.01 and no ETA

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you are misinformed.
    There is no ultrasnow 1.3 and you cannot change your bb to 01.59.00
    You can use a gevey sim to unlock at the moment.
    Just make sure you dont update your bb to the latest one that comes with firmware 5.0.1

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

Thanks AJ my bad on the Gevey sim I guess I'm out of the loop on that one! you can trust applejuice info TS

13. maneka macrumors newbie

hi!

I have the same problem as kngbryn :(
    I wanted to ask - would it be possible to unlock iPhone if I upgrade to some higher iOS version together with the baseband? E.g. upgrade to iOS 4.3 and whatever baseband comes along.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Currently there's a way to unlock using SAM also.
    So you have gevey and sam if you want.

15. Pathfinder3 macrumors member

Then there's also carrier unlock available (for AT&T & VZW) if you meet thier requirements.

16. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Yep. AT&T just unlocked my phone which I bought off CL. Took about 10 minutes with them on the phone. I only need to provide them with IMEI # to check.

17. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Which carrier are you on? Many carriers offer free/cheap unlocks after a short amount of time. If you don't qualify, you can always pay someone like cutyoursim - they seem to list most major carriers.

18. maneka macrumors newbie

Hi again!

Thanks for your replies guys. I tried SAM but it didn't work for me (it seems Apple already blocked it).
    And I googled what basebands of iPhone 4 can be currently unlocked and apparently I am out of luck and updating iOS and baseband won't help me (am I right?)

I bought my phone in Japan from Softbank operator. I had a 2 year contract but I had to cancel it after one year since I was leaving the country. But I paid everything I owed them. When I asked whether they could unlock the phone for me, they said no (yes, softbank is a bitch). Now I live in France and wanna use the phone here. I don't know if I can have a legal unlock here. I guess gevey sim card is the only option I have now :(

----------

It was softbank (japanese operator). I guess I should have been more persistent with them about unlocking my phone but I just didn't have time for that because I canceled the contract one day before I left the country. I didn't know at that time that unlocking iphone was such a difficult task

19. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Ah well... you're probably SOL with softbank. As far as I'm aware, they do not offer official unlocks under any circumstances (much like AT&T until recently).

Gevey or similar is basically your only option. Asides from just buying an unlocked iPhone of course.

20. y3k macrumors newbie

Locked phones are ****. First, you have all these problems, second you're out of luck when you're traveling abroad and want to switch the SIM card to a local one (for Internet access?)

I've got a brick at home as well. Bought it privately, it won't meet AT&T requirements and I live in Europe.. The only ways seems to be ebay but who would buy now locked iPhone 4? ))

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why dont you spend like $2-3 and unlock it then with ebay?
    Then it will be fully unlocked.

22. kazaroffr macrumors newbie

orange france

Hi everyone! Is there anyway to unlock iphone 4 locked on Orange, France network? Thanks!

23. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Unless the baseband has been preserved at 1.59.xx, there is no software unlock.

You can browse the IMEI unlock thread here for an aftermarket vendor who could perform an IMEI unlock for that carrier.