ultrasn0w and SBSettings.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dale Cooper, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Dale Cooper macrumors regular

Dale Cooper

I'm having a lot of trubble getting ultrasn0w to work on a 3G. When I look in SBSettings, ultrasn0w is red (= not running). I can click on it to make it green, but if I hit refresh in SBSettings it is back to red immediately. Neither does it show up in under "processes" in SBSettings. Does this mean ultrasn0w is not running (that would explain why I get "no service"...), or does it mean SBSettings is unable to determine whether it is running or not?

A related question: is it possible to install ultrasn0w 0.8 in any way (ie downgrade) - seems a lot of people are getting "no service" with the newest version.

Thanks!

2. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Was going to post a similar question. Does anyone actually know if the SB settings for Ultrasn0w work?

On my 3GS, they don't seem to work. Ultrasn0w seems to be activated regardless of what the SB setting is and when clicking it to turn green, it almost immediately goes back to red. Am I doing something wrong here?

On a related note, I have been able to use my 3GS with Rogers in Canada no problem, but when installing my friend's T-Mo sim, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. The phone would ALWAYS make outgoing calls, but incoming was hit or miss. Am I doing something wrong here?