Ultrasn0w is NOT working for me - What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MathiasVH, Jul 9, 2010.

1. MathiasVH macrumors regular

Hi guys

I've got a spirit-jailbroken iPhone 3GS (New bootroom) running 3.1.3.
    I installed ultrasn0w 0.93, but it will only let me use 3G and Edge with my carrier. No sms or calls. What am I doing wrong?

Is it because it isn't hacktivated (activated with the SIM to which it's locked)? Or?

Please help! Thx.

Best regards
    Mathias

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

What carrier is it locked to? What carrier are you trying to use? Does your SIM work in another phone? Did you change the APN settings to point to your new carrier's SMS servers?

3. MathiasVH thread starter macrumors regular

It's locked to UK Orange and I'm using it with the Danish "Telia" (You most likely won't know it). My SIM works with any other phone, as well as my unlocked 3G, and the 3GS works perfectly with Telenor (The Danish carrier that handles UK Orange-phones in Denmark). I haven't changed the "APN"-settings - How do I do that? :)

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Hmm. If you're getting cellular data with your Telia SIM, then ultrasn0w is definitely working. The question becomes why you can't get calls. My first recommendation would be to borrow another Telia SIM and see if that works in your 3GS. That way you can rule out a problem with your SIM.

5. MathiasVH thread starter macrumors regular

I will try another SIM tomorrow, thanks :)

The iPhone says "Restricted network" and shows no bars, while I'm still able to receive cellular. What does this mean?

6. MathiasVH thread starter macrumors regular