Ultrasn0w not working ):

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ObLaDo, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ObLaDo macrumors newbie

Why hello there,
    I've been trying to jailbreak and unlock this 3Gs that my dad got a week ago but it just doesn't seem to work.
    I've jailbroken and unlocked 3 of the 4 iPhones in my family. My First Gen iPhone was Jailbroken and Unlocked with redsn0w, no problem. My sister's iPhone 3G was jailbroken with redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w, no problem. My dad's iPhone 4 was jailbroken with redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w no problem. My 3Gs was jailbroken with redsn0w about 3 times, then sn0wbreeze about 8 times then redsn0w about 4 more times and ultrasn0w still will not work.

1st gen's OS: 3.2.1
    3G OS: 4.2.1
    iPhone 4 OS: 4.2.1
    3Gs OS: 4.3.3

The 3Gs just doesn't like me.
    I already activated it with an empty AT&T Sim card, then hacktivated it when I restored and couldn't find the AT&T Sim. I downloaded the iPad BB 6.15.00, turned off 3G, rebooted a few thousand times, ejected and re-"installed" SIM a few times and still, nothing.
    I'm using the same SIM to test as with all the other phones I jailbroke. My own T-Mmobile SIM. Works fine on my 1nd Gen, takes a second for my sister's 3G to recognize the SIM but still works and gets service in less than 30 seconds. Dad's i4 works perfectly with my SIM and his. But this 3Gs doesn't even recognize the SIM. it always says "No SIM Installed".

Any help would be appreciated.

And some of the info in the "About" screen, incase it's important.:

Network: Not Available
    Version: 4.3.3 (8J2)
    Carrier: Not Available
    IMEI: 01 266000 584266 8
    ICCID: No SIM
    Modem Firmware: 6.15.00

Note: it uses the new bootrom

I really want this thing to work, my 1st Gen is slowly dieing on me ):

2. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

Based on that statement, it's safe to say you have a hardware issue. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with software or ultrasn0w. Check the headphone jack to see if it's been exposed to water.

3. ObLaDo thread starter macrumors newbie

It hasn't been, we bought it from the AT&T store since it was only 50$ (Used my cousin's AT&T account for that discount) and it's been sitting right here on my computer desk every since. I don't allow liquids on my desk cause I have my gaming rig there, our router, my printer, my keyboard that I don't want to get ruined, my DS, my headset and a few other techie stuff.

I do own the tools to open up iPhones because I had to replace my 1st gen's touchscreen (it fell in a glass of water, water got all inside it and the top half touchscreen stopped working), so if opening it up and looking there would help, I can do it.

But for future reference, how would I be able to tell just from the headphone jack if it's been exposed to water? With my 1st Gen the backlight made a shadow where the shadow in the screen was, so that's how I was able to tell how much water was still inside after i let it sit in rice of a few days.

Oh, and yes. I am lurking this thread.

4. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

To check iPhones for water damage, shine a light in the headphone jack and there's a small white strip at the bottom. If you see red/pink instead of white, it's most likely been exposed to some type of liquid.

I'd say take the phone back to Apple but since you've upgraded to the iPad baseband, it's warranty is void and they won't replace it. You may need to open the phone and make sure nothing is broken off where the sim tray sits.

5. ObLaDo thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I get a reference picture as to what it should look like? I can't find a decent one on google :/

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

7. ObLaDo thread starter macrumors newbie

MM... that's helpful, but I guess i should have been more precise.
    I was asking for a picture of where the SIM tray sits inside the phone and how it should look like.
    My bad :/

8. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

You can see the sim tray in the picture. The gold prongs are what make contact with the sim card.

Attached Files:

9. ObLaDo thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine looks like that except that silver strap that covers the SIM is bigger.

10. ObLaDo thread starter macrumors newbie

I fiddled around with the gold prongs a bit and after putting them back in their original order, nothing around teh SIM tray seems broken.
    Granted, I never removed wire #3, just 1 and 2.