ultrasn0w problem!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kvizzel, Jan 3, 2012.

1. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

I've read from many different places installing ultrasn0w may increase signal (probably a myth) but I wanted to try it for myself.

iPhone 4 4.3.5. 4.10.01

So I installed ultrasn0w in hopes it may boost my signal or something, but now I'm stuck on the emergency lockscreen. It won't let me bypass it.

I have TMobile, but when I enter a AT&T sim and plug it into iTunes it says the phone data could not be read and I would have to restore.

I'm able to access my phone with SSH WinSCP and was wondering how would I remove ultrasn0w with my PC? That may fix the problem.

Thanks!!!

2. seanwebb68, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012

seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

First open up MobileTerminal and type: 'Su' and then type in your SSH password, if you have not changes it then it is alpine.

Each package you install through Cydia or deb files have Package ID's. This ID is crucial to uninstalling the packages.

You can remove it by typing 'dpkg -r repo666.ultrasn0w.com'

I repo666.ultrasn0w.com is the Package ID but if its wrong then someone can correct me as i don't have any need to use ultrasn0w as my carry always unlocks my phone.

Or you might be able to delete it from root\Applications\ and remove/delete the installed package but i've never tried this so i would recommend getting some further advise before doing this unless your happy to restore if it doesn't work.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

yes you must either remove ultrasn0w via ssh or restore your device. Ultrasn0w clearly stats the supported baseband's so not sure where you heard about this myth. Also why wouldn't't the dev-team have listed it. The only iphone 4 supported baseband has been 1.59.00 for a long time now.