Ultrasn0w Unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hypervish89, Nov 11, 2011.

1. hypervish89 macrumors regular

Quick question, my iPhone 3gs right now is on 4.2.1 with baseband 05.15.04, can i use the ultrasn0w unlock from cydia... or do i have to first update the baseband, and if so to which baseband?

Thanks so much!

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

no you want to save your current baseband to still be able to use uktrasnow.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

4. Mob Barley macrumors newbie

Right now I am on 06.15.00 ipad baseband on my 3GS. Currently running on IOS 5.0, old boot rom, jailbroken, and unlocked with ultrasnow.

If I update to IOS 5.0.1, and jailbreak via snowbreeze, will I be able to unlock with ultra snow 1.2.4? I tried it when I updated to the Beta 5.0.1 and it didn't work so I went back to 5.0. Just wondering if it'll work now with the public release of 5.0.1.

5. hypervish89 thread starter macrumors regular

so, if i open cydia right now, and install ultrasn0w, I should be able to unlock it, correct?

i haven't ever unlocked an iPhone before.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, he gave you wrong information above.
    You cannot unlock that baseband with ultrasnow.
    Only way would be to install the ipad bb using redsnow and then use ultrasnow to unlock.

7. hypervish89 thread starter macrumors regular

ok, do you have any links to any tutorials? It'd be greatly appreciated if you did

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

9. hypervish89 thread starter macrumors regular

10. justalurker macrumors newbie

Just a quick caveat on the GPS/WIFI issue. This is from my personal experience so not sure it happens to everyone who updates but read that they many people had similar problems.

My 3gs, old bootrom, 4.xx iphone was on a unlockable baseband, I didn't need the unlock but thought since I'm no longer with ATT, I may need it future. So, I updated to ipad baseband with ios 5 with an untethered jailbrake with redsnow and unlocked it with ultras0w. Great.... now I have a phone that I might be able to use with other carriers in the future sometime.

That was the good... here is the bad... I noticed that my GPS did infact lose it's signal and my wifi kept going in and out even when I'm at the same place not moving the phone at all. So, although I took the chance and upgraded to ipad baseband, I wish I didn't because I actually like having my GPS and wifi FAAR more then I thought.

Here is the ugly.... once you are on the ipad baseband, there is no going back, unless if you physically remove the chip and replace it with another chip. I've read that their was going to be a update to fix this problem about 1.5 yrs ago but till this date, there is no solution. If I'm mistaken on that, someone, please correct me. TIA.

So... there you have it.... update with a caveat and know it's not reversable.