ultrasn0w upgrade is out!!!!

wolfgang666

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2010
ULTRASN0W UPGRADE has been released..
i just got an upgrade in cydia available on my 3GS..
enjoy ur unlocked iP4 ladies and gentlemen!!!!

Greg M

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
I had been waiting for this like everyone else but ended up selling my iPhone 4 last night right before the ultrasn0w release. Why? because I couldn't get a decent price for my factory unlocked 3Gs but I did get a decent price for my iPhone 4.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I had been waiting for this like everyone else but ended up selling my iPhone 4 last night right before the ultrasn0w release. Why? because I couldn't get a decent price for my factory unlocked 3Gs but I did get a decent price for my iPhone 4.

Apparently you wanted money more than an iPhone 4. :cool:
Which is fine if that's what you wanted.

mefromfl

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
comparing my tmobile sim card with the micro sim - if i cut the tmobile sim, i would be cutting the gold contact also - does anyone have tutorial on how to cut the tmobile size sime down to micro? I know there are alot of tutorial about cutting att size down to micro but non tmobile to micro

NaCl

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
comparing my tmobile sim card with the micro sim - if i cut the tmobile sim, i would be cutting the gold contact also - does anyone have tutorial on how to cut the tmobile size sime down to micro? I know there are alot of tutorial about cutting att size down to micro but non tmobile to micro
You wont be cutting into the gold. Just trace the micro sim card carefully. And use a good pair of scissors. I had the same concerned.

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
You wont be cutting into the gold. Just trace the micro sim card carefully. And use a good pair of scissors. I had the same concerned.
Actually from the video I saw, it will cut into the gold, just make sure the contacts are aligned. Google or YouTube a tutorial

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Anyone know if the SBSettings toggle works with this version of Snow?
Testing that right now! I'm assuming it will, but that has got me into trouble in the past!

Update: Toggle didn't work for me. Set toggle on, did reboot. Toggle was off when I logged back on. More testing later...

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
can anyone confirm that facetime will still work with tmobile in the USA with an unlocked phone? thanks

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
It should - you just might need to edit the t-mobile carrier.plist to include the following:

HTML:
<key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
<string>28818773</string>
thanks for the info!

hopefully someone can test it out today!

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
anyone know why my cydia doesnt have the newest version of ultrasn0w? thanks!

quarmace

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
It should - you just might need to edit the t-mobile carrier.plist to include the following:

HTML:
<key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
<string>28818773</string>
Got my ip4 unlocked and working on tmobile. Facetime says "waiting for activation".

How/where do I paste this code to get it working?

NaCl

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Actually from the video I saw, it will cut into the gold, just make sure the contacts are aligned. Google or YouTube a tutorial
Of course it will cut into the gold if you’re not carful. Just got to use judgment and common sense.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Got my ip4 unlocked and working on tmobile. Facetime says "waiting for activation".

How/where do I paste this code to get it working?
You might need to hack the commcenter and install a custom t-mobile carrier bundle with that line included for facetime to work properly.

Is SMS working?

I don't know since I don't have a t-mobile sim to experiment with. What's listed under /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle/ ?

Greg M

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
Apparently you wanted money more than an iPhone 4. :cool:
Which is fine if that's what you wanted.
This place certainly is going downhill. How in the h_ll do you think you know what's going on in my head or the motivation behind my decision ???

It's a balance between wants, features, needs, and bills. Had I gotten a decent price for the 3Gs then I'd have kept the iphone 4. However, I've also got to figure in the fact that the 3Gs is factory unlocked compared to the 4 having to be JB. Also, if I wait the price of the factory unlocked 4 will become more reasonable. After looking at everything, something you obviously have problems with, it made more sense to wait for a factory unlocked 4.

Some of us have to weigh the money factor in our decisions. Buying the 4 was made more from want then anything else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.