Um...Having some weird OS X trouble

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ProwlingTiger, Nov 20, 2008.

1. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

So, I first started noticing this problem a couple of days ago.

1. My dock doesn't work right. I have it set to auto hide/show. It worked fine up until now. Now for it to show, I have to click where it normally would appear, then I have to click in another window to hide it.

2. My cursor in Firefox, and other applications, doesn't change when hovering over links. It gets damn irritating now, as I'm used to links changing the cursor.

Any ideas what may be causing these problems? I'm running 10.5.5 with all latest software patches on an early '08 Macbook.

2. kunze50 macrumors regular

I am seeing the same sort of things happen. Since the 10.5.5 update some weird things started showing up. The cursor in some applications like, Microsoft messenger looks like it should over text area's after it is carried off to some other part of the screen. My dock also disappears after resolution is changed and shows up in parts again when I drag a window to where it should be. My display color also sometimes changes to a washed out white/blue after I wake it from sleep and can be resolved by going to the display settings in sys. prefs. Repairing permissions hasn't done anything. To me 10.5.4 was the most stable version yet.

3. bengal85 macrumors regular

bengal85

You could try a defrag. defrags never hurt a computer

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Except OS X. Which you can't do it to. Because it does it on its own.

Repair your permissions and verify the disk in Disk Utility.