Um, I think my Apple TV died.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by marklight, May 11, 2008.

1. marklight macrumors 6502

Just got it yesterday. I had it hooked up to my tv via component cables. Everything was going well. Then Today I took it over to another house. Hooked it up via hdmi. Everything was great. Came back to my place, tried to hook it up to my tv, and nothing. No video coming out of it - no audio. Then I unplug it, try to hook it back up. Then I get audio - no video. Then I unplug it and then no video or audio. Any suggestions?

2. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

The :apple:TV has a warranty. Call Apple for support.

Regards,
    Michael

3. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Have you tried resetting it? Hold down menu and - on the remote for 6 seconds.

4. marklight thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll try this. If it doesnt work then def tomorrow I'll be making a call. Such a tease- i get one night with it and then this happens.

5. marklight thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok of course the problem was with me.
    It was plugged into a tv using an HDMI to DVi cable. So I unplugged it. Then I plugged it into a tv with a component cable. Nothing. I'm doing everything I possibly can think of to get it to work. Doing all the remote commands I know. Well the remote wasn't PAIRED ....woops. that's why nothing was working. So I pair it, do the command for it to cycle through video output modes, and finally, I get the picture back. wow....

6. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

7. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

LOL.... it's the simple things that get you sometimes...

enjoy it !!!!