Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dopey220

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
... Yeah. It's really annoying. Anyone know what the deal is with this?

dopey220

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I restarted my computer, and all seems to be well again. Weird.

mashny

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
Standard troubleshooting: When an application starts acting weird, check the preferences. If that doesn't work, trash the preferences file. If Illustrator (or just about any program) does not see a preference file, it will create a new one. Doing this will work most of the time. If this doesn't work, trash and reinstall Illustrator.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Reminds me of a time when one of my colleagues was up against a really tight and important deadline, frazzled, trying to get work to press on a Friday evening so the printer could have things plated by Monday morning...

And then Quark starts throwing a major wobbly, so out of desperation, we're doing everything in far too much hurry... discarding preferences, messing with preferences and settings, eventually reinstalling... problem still there.

Turned out the keyboard was malfunctioning. :D

Oh, how we laugh now. ;)

Belly-laughs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2003
you wish
He he, the things one does when stressed…

I used to have a reoccurring keyboard issue in Illustrator CS3 with the space bar losing function (move/pan). Luckily reboots solved it, I imagine it´s faster than restoring prefs, etc.

BTW: It hasn´t happened since the .0.2 update I don´t think. Dopey220, is your copy up to date?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Having Problems with Quark, Impossible:rolleyes:

All software is prone to problems. Adobe are no exception to that rule, as anyone who is using CS3 and Bridge on PPC knows... and as it turned out, the problem wasn't with Quark 7 anyway. Most of the time it's pretty stable and can do certain things that InDesign can't... so, any professional user should be used to using the particular software suited to their task and the integration with their larger systems, not being a blind fan of one or the other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.