Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zfgxdfgdfg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see them...

IMG_1468.PNG

zfgxdfgdfg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
You need to get WAY closer to almost street level. There are blue bus signs on certain stops. They show up for me.

Yeah I see those, but tapping on them just brings up a POI page. Even tapping "Directions" from there only brings up the same as above: driving, walking, or apps. No way to actually get transit directions.

Don't tell me Apple artificially blocked them on 5th gen. iPod touch? That's so dumb and arbitrary, the same way iPods can't show the battery percentage. I understand some cuts are made for it, but these ones don't make any sense.

DMaki650

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Rhinelander, WI
Yeah I see those, but tapping on them just brings up a POI page. Even tapping "Directions" from there only brings up the same as above: driving, walking, or apps. No way to actually get transit directions.

Don't tell me Apple artificially blocked them on 5th gen. iPod touch? That's so dumb and arbitrary, the same way iPods can't show the battery percentage. I understand some cuts are made for it, but these ones don't make any sense.

When I tap on the sign a Transit Departure page shows up for me. I don't have an iPod.

chrissuth

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2015
Thats strange, between map and satellite mine says transport. But it isn't supported where i live. maybe its not on iPods. as probably needs signal to check the bus's gps and times

zfgxdfgdfg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
Thats strange, between map and satellite mine says transport. But it isn't supported where i live. maybe its not on iPods. as probably needs signal to check the bus's gps and times

It needs signal to do anything, really, but that doesn't mean they excluded the entire app from iPods (you just need to be on wifi). Google Maps also has no issue providing this service to all apps. I really think this is just artificial limitation to push upgrades, which is dumb, cuz who's gonna upgrade to a newer device just because of this? Especially when Google Maps is available for free.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.