uMB/13"MBP Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deanshu, Jun 28, 2009.

1. deanshu macrumors member

So recently I picked up a 13" MBP and I'm still kinda adjusting to it, but loving it so far.

I'll be going out of the country (volunteering in Taiwan) on Jul 2nd for a month and I need a sleeve so I can throw the thing in my backpack without having to worry about scratches and dents.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm looking for something that has like a "second skin" fit and is tailored for the MBP. A good example fo what I'm looking for is the booq Taipan. Hopefully it's not too expensive and either something I can pick up locally or is available in Taiwan as I'm not sure if I can get it shipped to me on time for my trip (I'm in Orange County, CA).

Thanks

2. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

iNCase sleeves should do what you want. They sell for like $40 usd.

3. jay1118 macrumors member

jay1118

I actually have a 13 inch sleeve i havent seen many on here have. Its a brand called BuiltNY and it has a really nice build. Mine is all black but they have a bunch of color designs and patterns for their sleeves. They fit my 13 inch macbook pro nicely.

Runs about 35-40 dollars.

4. suekitch macrumors regular

I have one of these for my 13" MBP for the same purpose :)

I picked mine up from my local Apple Store, though I'm not sure where sells InCase in the US but I'm sure plenty of places do?

I love it anyway. The colour is personal mind, but I like that it can 'breathe' with the holes (so I won't be worrying about putting it away literally straight after use) and the lovely furry inside.

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/13-neoprene-sleeve-cl57201

5. jay1118 macrumors member

jay1118

6. rockonchen macrumors newbie

Incase sleeve is pretty good.
    Another option is Tuscano sleeve
    (you can find it on Apple website)
    But if you're running out time,
    I trust you can find a good sleeve
    here in Taipei. FYI, both Incase and
    Tuscano sleeves are not on the marketplace
    in Taipei, but there are other good
    alternative choices in Taipei.

7. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

Doubles

The Marware can be used as a sleeve or a shoulder bag with the included strap. It does have the handles and a slightly larger profile than a straight sleeve, but will still fit in a backpack. I like the dual functionality