uMB v. uMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbook yes, Aug 17, 2009.

1. macbook yes macrumors 6502

My mom has a uMBP that she got approx. 3 weeks after I got my uMB. She hasthe 1 inch and I thought there would be very little difference in the outside of our laptops, but there are a lot.
    1. Her screen is actually crappier than mine. I was jealous because it was supposed to be 60% better, but it is washed-out and oddly colored even after calibrating it several times.
    2. Our trackpads have a different texture. Hers is more smooth and glassy, similar to the screen with a light finish so your fingers dont stick. Mine feels about the same as the aluminum case on the outside of the laptop. Her trackpad hurt's my trackpad's feelings. It feels so nice under your fingers, like silk. I loved mine before I used hers.
    3. Her trackpad feels hollow underneath. Using the push-click on hers is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Mine feels solid and like a button but hers feels empty, like the trackpad it very thin. Mine feels like a solid thick sheet.
    4. Her trackpad it recessed a mm on all sides. Mine is basically smooth with the wrist area.
    This is just the beginning of the differences. I don't know which one I like better.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If she calibrates the display, those colors may pop out.

As for the differences in the track pad, they may be just the small variances you get when you manufacture a laptop or that there's a bit more open space in the larger machine.