UMBP 15" to UMBP 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pika, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Is it possible to replace a unibody MacBook pro 15" (1 month old) with a (new) unibody MacBook pro 17" and pay the difference between the two at an apple store?

2. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

It is up to the Store Managers discretion. If you go in and ask really nicely he may decide to allow you to do a swap (If yours isn't to old and in perfect shape).

But don't get your hopes up there is no written rule about doing switches its just up to the manager to decide what he or she wants to do with individual cases.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

You can trade in the used 15" MBP and they'll give you a good price for it, but not what you originally payed, probably around 30 to 40% less.

4. PeterKG macrumors 6502

Where do you get this policy from? Out of a hat? Apple has a 14 day return policy. But it is true a manager might allow the OP to make this swap.

Return and Refund Policy

If you are not satisfied with your Apple purchase of a product, please visit online Order Status or call 1-800-676-2775 for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request within 14 calendar days of the receipt of the product. Configure-to-order, personalized or other customized products may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless such product is Dead on Arrival (see the section below for more detailed information on such Dead on Arrival products). If the item is returnable and you send it back to us unopened in the original box, Apple will offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. You must return the product to the Apple warehouse within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. Apple will assess a 10% restocking fee on any opened hardware or accessory. If you purchased your order using an Apple Business Lease, Apple may ask you to provide a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) so Apple can assess the 10% restocking fee.

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

In my world, 1 month is more than 14 days, its usually around 30.

This means he can no longer use Apples 14 day trade in Policy :rolleyes:

and in my personal experience, as ive been in exactly the same situation which is why im now waiting for delivery of my 17" unibody as you can check in other threads, I was offered a rather lower price for my 1.5 month old in perfect condition unibody 15" MBP than what i had bought it for, as when Apple take a used laptop in they have to sell it as refurbished. So no i didn't get it out of a hat thanks.

Theres no point getting his hopes up, noone can really say for sure until he actually decides to walk into an Apple store and find out for himself.

6. kolax macrumors G3

Clean it up, if all original contents are there etc, and it is only one month old - be sound with the manager and you are, after all, giving them business by paying a restocking fee as well as the extra cash for the 17".

7. naths macrumors 6502

How about if you bought it from a reseller?,would they be willing to swap,or if you bought it from a reseller could you take it back to a apple store?,im referring to the UK....