uMBP i5 Graphics Problems?..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DMBGuru, Jul 7, 2010.

1. DMBGuru macrumors regular

I recently purchased a uMBP i5 (Mid 2010).

I am having issues with the screen glitching or having some sort of graphics issue. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, but it's as if some windows pixellate and then stay on the screen no matter what. It happens quite often lately..

Check the screenshots.

What is causing this and how can I fix it? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Try creating a new user account (System Preferences>Accounts) and using the new account for a while to see if the problem surfaces with the new account. If it does, open Disk Utility and run "repair permissions" and "repair disk" to see if either of those help. If not, try an archive and install.

I do not believe that it is a hardware malfunction, as both the Menubar and Dock are unaffected by the glitch.

3. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Mine does this too. I had these problems on my Early 08 MBP before it was replaced with this unibody. I thought it was the defective 8600 but even the newest Macbook Pro has it. It makes me slightly less worried though since it's probably not going to die in 2 years.

4. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I am having this issue too! I have been able to narrow down the cause: for me, it only occurs when I am using Safari and going to my Top Sites. I have no idea how to explain it.

This didn't happen on my old MBP when I was using Safari. It's still happening on my new MBP even after I upgraded to Safari 5.

I am getting kinda worried cause it seems to be happening more often. I hope my graphics card isn't bad, but that doesn't seem to be the case since it only happens when I am navigating to my top sites in Safari.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

5. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I think it happens more if you have recently used the 330M then switched to the Intel HD. I only notice that happening then.

6. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Seems like on the webpage is affected, making me think it's software related, if it was hardware the menus would suffer too.

7. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

You are probably right. This makes me feel much better!!

8. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

It usually happens when the software is trying to change between GPUs, so it's software related...