uMBP is wacked out after HDD swap

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mickbab, Jan 27, 2010.

1. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt the Tablet Talk.

I recently replaced the harddrive in my unibody 15" MBP. It's been acting a little strangely but the harddrive seems to be working mostly fine.

Firstly, each time I start up the computer I am greeted with about 10 or 15 of these messages, and I have no idea what they mean or how to make them go away:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Secondly, my iPhone is not recognised in iTunes when I plug it in. I've tried with different cords, different ports, with and without the dock, and have restarted both the computer and the phone, but to no avail. It is recognised on other computers, and shows up in System Profiler (see pic) but iTunes doesn't show any sign of it being there. Though when I plug it in, the phone does make the usual sounds and shows the charging symbol.
    What could "Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)" in System Profiler mean?

[​IMG]

Thirdly, I just restarted my laptop and now I can't use 3 or 4 finger gestures. Any fixes?
    EDIT: just restarted again and gestures are working.

What on earth is going on?
    Also, I do still have my old harddrive sitting in an enclosure. I havent cleared it yet because I thought I may run into problems like this.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Did you re-install osx when you installed the new hard drive or what? What version of osx?

3. migsev macrumors regular

Did you clone your old drive or just copy the folders to the new drive with cmd+a, cmd+c, cmd+v?

Try repairing permissions too.

4. mickbab thread starter macrumors 65816

mickbab

When I put the new harddrive in, I started it up from a Snow Leopard install disc, and when the option became available, chose to restore from a backup (my old internal drive, which I put in a FW800 enclosure), and that transferred everything across.