UMBP late 2008 9600gfx card unable to switch to it

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bliks, Oct 9, 2009.

1. bliks macrumors member

As the topic says I am unable to switch to the 9600 gfx card. It doesn't show up in system profiler either. Is there some software thing that could have caused this or something else?

I was usuing it earlier yesterday then when I went to switch back to the 9600 last night, the card couldn't be found by my mac. I have no option to even switch to it in the battery preferences.

Thanks for the info guys,

Cory

2. bliks thread starter macrumors member

3. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Looking at the title I thought you just received your mbp and I thought that you received the one without the 9600m gt card.... Now after having read that you've used the 9600mgt card yesterday, I'm guessing that the 9600m gt card has died...?

4. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Yup sounds like the 9600M GT has died, if you're still in warranty call Applecare.

5. bliks thread starter macrumors member

I worded the title weird. I just realized that it did sound weird. Sorry about that!

But it died... That makes me a sad panda. I've had nothing but problems since I got this mac lol

Ill give applecare a call today. Thanks guys :)

6. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

There's a lemon in every batch... Trust me, I know. My late-2007 MBP was a lemon, and I've just now gotten that resolved via warranty replacement.

Although MBP's do typically have excellent track records for quality.