Umbp - Lid Closed - Sleep - Ext Display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacModMachine, May 6, 2009.

1. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

hi, i have read several threads on this with no luck

basically,

i have my macbook pro i use all day long, i bring it home and close it on my desk on its laptop cooling pad, i have a bluetooth kb and mouse and a 1080p monitor i would like to run on it.

i have set my mbp to mirror and put it to sleep and wake it, it shows the 1080p resolution properly and 5 seconds goes back to sleep.

im sure this has to do with the display sensor, but im not sure on how to disable it, i would like to still have it enabled and do this.

i was wondering if anyone has done this or has some pointers.

thanks

2. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

Do you have it charging? Clamshell mode will not work without the computer plugged in and charging. So make sure that is done first, if you still are having issues, let us know, but I had the exact same problem and that's what was the issue I wasn't charging my MBP.

3. MacModMachine thread starter macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

Fantastic, i was testing it not plugged in, its works great plugged in, thank god for 2 adapters :D

thanks again !
    +1:)

4. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

no problem. It seems like such a silly thing. I was really confused when I couldn't get mine to work and I found that info somewhere on Apple's site. It took awhile though, I'm glad that it's all working for you now.