uMBP Next Refresh

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wicked1, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

When is Apple due to update the uMBP, I am considering an upgrade but I may hold off until the next update whenever that may be, also be interesting to see what will become of the Intel/Nvidia combo chips Apple has been using since the lawsuit by Nvidia and Intel is heating up?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Likely Q1 2011. We don't know what Apple will do as there are plenty of options. There are like 100000000000 threads speculating about this topic though so you may want to take a look at those

3. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Don't kill me for asking this because I really feel dumb asking. What is being referred to by uMBP? I know MBP is Macbook Pro, but I never saw "uMBP" until I came to this site a couple weeks ago.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

uMBP=unibody mbp. It is referring to any mbp that is made after Apple made the change to build the MBP out of a single piece of aluminum.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Some people add the u to the MBP, not sure why since everything is not unibody and the need to differentiate the two, is not needed.

For the OP, I think it won't occur until Q2 of 2011, because prior history of apple, is that they sit on a new chipset for a couple of months before refreshing the line.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

By delaying a bit it allows other mfgrs to deal with teething pains in the new chipset.

7. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

it will happen in the first quarter of 2011, apple will also send invites a week ahead.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

And the mac fans to whine, complain and threaten apple on this board that if they don't get one out the door, they'll buy a dell ;)

9. aimbdd macrumors 6502a