Umm....Please Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by R e C o N, Apr 29, 2008.

1. R e C o N macrumors newbie

I had my iPod touch (1.1.4) jailbroken by Ziphone. I was very happy with it. However, after about two weeks my music, movies, and youtube videos wouldn't play. Just about all of my media wouldn't play. So I restored my iPod and re-hacked it. This time it froze when I tried to change certain settings or add new sources in installer. So one more time I restored my iPod and jailbroke it with ziphone. Now it freezes up when I launch any app. Please help me! I want my normal iPod back!

-R e C o N

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

This has been posted alot. Restore your iPod from within iTunes and re-jailbreak. Perhaps try iNdependance or iJailbreak.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

stick the ipod into mac/pc and boot up ziphone tell ziphone to boot the ipod into dfu mode and restore, this will wipe the ipod completely and starting it from scratch with 1.1.4 then re-jailbreak

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

This makes no difference compared to the Restore iTunes gives you. DFU is usually specifically for when iTunes does not recognise the device.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I suggested dfu mode so that it completely wipes the ipod and to get trid of the problem incase it hung around doing a normal restore, I wont offer advise again if this is the reaction ;)

6. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I didn't mean it in a negative way towards you, - you're right but it makes things a lot easier to do a simple restore through iTunes (which if it does hang, try DFU and also wipes the iPod).