Umm,, So many choices? Which Mac To Get ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GuNNeR-1995, Feb 24, 2011.

1. GuNNeR-1995 macrumors newbie

I generally use a computer for web browsing and everyday use. Nothing to complex and no video editing and these editing things. I wanted it for games, but realised ill do most of my gaming on the consoles(ps3,xbox)
    The 15" and 17" Pro's are too expensive.
    So should i get the MacBook Pro 13" ? And if so, should i get the base model or the i7 one. What difference does it make, Will it matter in the future ?
    And i dont understand how it doesnt have a video card, Will it not run the Games. ? Or will it run them in low settings ?
    Or should i get an air ?
    Should i settle for an iMac or wait for updates on that ?

Thanks for reading ! Help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I read somewhere else that the resolution was low, do they mean the text size and icon size. This is my first mac so im a newbie :p, cant i change that. Or do they mean the resolution as in the graphics. Higher resolution clearer. Are the New MacBook Pro screens HD, as it has HD3000, Sorry for the stupid questions.

2. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

the 13" has integrated graphics not discrete it can play games just not on a high setting it shares ram from the main ram.

the resolution is not HD per the screen size it is 1280x800 so its not a high res screen at the highest resolution.

if all you do is basic work the air can handle many basic tasks but make sure you order it with the 4gb ram option as this cannot be updated and has older technology in the processor.

for your needs pending the storage size the 13" pro would be ideal either the base model or the step up depending on the size you want for the hard drive.

if you want mobility then go with pro if you dont car about that go imac only you can decide.

3. GuNNeR-1995 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont really "Care" about the extra GB. as i can get a 1tb external hardrive for cheeper than the difference of the two MacBookPros.
    So will i be able to run all of the games, I dont wanna spend £1000 on something that doesnt even RUN the games.
    Does the i5 and i7 have a huge difference between them. Im guessing if i buy the i7, then in 3-5 years time it'll still be "Good".
    Im really confused on what to buy.
    So many Sexy Products out there :D:D

4. GuNNeR-1995 thread starter macrumors newbie

The main reason i dont want the MacBook Air, is because im sure that a refresh will come, and the C2D with the SLOW CPU speed will be old, and itll get frustrating, thats why im leaning toward the i5 and i7, but cant decide which one to get ?:(

5. GuNNeR-1995 thread starter macrumors newbie

Guys any more help will be greatly appreciated, im leaving for london tomorrow and will buy from there, do you also think stocks are limited ?