Umm... What just happened to my phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone3GCrazed, Sep 10, 2010.

1. iPhone3GCrazed macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

This literally just happened.

I got a friend request from someone on Game Center. I slid to unlock my phone and it went berserk. It started to flicker on and off, the screen dimmed, it went into a mode that looked like I had just opened it (slide for emergency call), with a black background with a red triangle and an exclamation point in it.

Under the triangle, it said "Please wait for phone to cool down" or something to that effect.

What just happened? Should I restore it? I'm so confused. I'm on iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1.

P.S. I restarted it and it seems fine now... but I'm nervous I'll get a virus or some sort of malicious software if I plug it into my computer. Do you think someone could be phishing my phone?

EDIT: After scanning the Internet, I guess it's just something that happens. Still a bit nervous, though.

2. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

i dont think its a virus i had the overheat warning a few times on my 3gs if your worried about it go to apple and they will switch it out

3. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Sounds like someone on GameCenter sent a hackattack to you via the invite API and took control of your device and started hacking all your gamecenter friends.

That or your device got too hot and overheated like it said.

4. iPhone3GCrazed thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

I don't think it could have overheated, though... I haven't used it in hours, it's sitting on my desk in a 72 degree room in the middle of the night. That's why I didn't really take the overheating thing seriously.

5. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

many iphone users have experienced same thing you did..they didnt use it for long time and it still shows that its overheated...its "normal"...just do hard reset and it will be ok..

6. iPhone3GCrazed thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

Yes it has been operating normally since I did the hard reset after it starting freaking out. If the problem persists, I guess I'll just take it back to Apple. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help! :)

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Just curious if your phone asked for a smoke after this unusual activity?

--sorry, could not resist!