Ummm.... NBC IS BACK!?! (US store, right now)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by RumMunkey, Feb 1, 2008.

1. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Just stumbled into this in the store (US). Go do a search for "Friends", "My Name Is Earl", or "Scrubs".

Oh look at that... NBC shows seems to be available, but the TV Shows homepage doesn't have an NBC section yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also noticed that when I did a search for "30 Rock" and "Seinfeld", thought he results page didn't show them as available, when I clicked "Show all results", I just got a blank page. looks to me like some database updating is going on.

If I had to guess, I'd guess Apple would want to announce the return of NBC on top of the release of Take 2.

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I guess you failed to notice that Friends was produced and distributed by Warner Bros or that Scrubs is produced and distributed by ABC Studios (Disney)?

Friends, Scrubs and countless other TV Shows that "aired" on NBC are still on the iTunes Store. NBC Universal doesn't own the rights to those shows.

NBC/Universal properties were the only TV Shows ever removed (House which airs on Fox, Heroes, etc).

3. RumMunkey thread starter macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I did notice that, but I searched for Scrubs the other day and I'm pretty sure it wasn't available then.

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

5. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

NBC doesn't own the rights to them.

Scrubs Owned and Distributed by ABC Networks (Disney)
    Friends Owned and Distributed by Warner Brothers.

And other shows that have aired with NBC are Owned by other STUDIOS not Networks

Northy124

6. RumMunkey thread starter macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Could you be a total dick about it though?