Ummm...Photo Booth probem. Please help!

ricksbrain

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2005
Miami, FL
Have you tried anything, like restarting or repairing permissions? Have you installed anything since?

Any info might help...

Sobering

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
Canada
I restarted my computer, and the only things installed on my Mac (other than default software) is MSN Messenger and Flip4Mac. And I'm a Mac newb and don't know what repairing permissions is. And I'm a Mac newb and don't know what repairing permissions means.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (apple), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
6. Release the keys.

do this and you should be good. weird things can happen to the isight and reseting the pram, what those steps do, fixes them.

Sobering

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
Canada
Well I'm not a Mac user anymore. I wiped my HD and reinstalled Mac OS X and it still dosn't work. Mac sucks. I've been having so many problems and I just put my iMac on eBay.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Sobering said:
Well I'm not a Mac user anymore. I wiped my HD and reinstalled Mac OS X and it still dosn't work. Mac sucks. I've been having so many problems and I just put my iMac on eBay.
Are you serious? If so... then wow. :rolleyes:

Your loss.

Sobering

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
Canada
Oki doki my iMac is no longer on eBay...all this time, and my problem was that my video camera was turned on whilst plugged into my Mac so Photo Booth didn't know what to do...sheesh LOL. Well Mac still annoys me a bit but otherwise it's not half bad. :) I feel like a total noob LOL.

Sobering

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
Canada
No not just Photo Booth. I've had multiple problems within my few days of using a Mac. Mostly hardware issues, only some of which are fixed. Anyways, it's not just Photo Booth.