Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
lol, who would be stupid enough to pay that much for it though?

you could get like 15 Ipad 2's for that price. or a really nice car

Pretty sure you could buy more than just a car for that amount. ;) Also, I think that the ad is written that way as an attention getter. Hoping to stand out in what I'm sure is a boat-load of listings for iPads.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
We are in recession and someone is willing to pay 160000 dollars for an iPad? Nice... that's a price of house.

This iPad must be really magical.

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Pretty sure you could buy more than just a car for that amount. ;) Also, I think that the ad is written that way as an attention getter. Hoping to stand out in what I'm sure is a boat-load of listings for iPads.

i do think he is serious though.... and i have a sad feeling that some person will fall for it and buy it

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
lol, who would be stupid enough to pay that much for it though?

you could get like 15 Ipad 2's for that price. or a really nice car

I'm sure there are several important people in Nigeria or those who have recently inherited estates in the western states who would have plenty of income to spare on this special product. :D

iPad 2nd Gen

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
OP actually believes this listing. Trying to show his outrageousness and trying to get people on his side.

blackwind

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
I hope he accept my concession card that give me 10% off...
(but first i have to convience my mum for her concession card)

16000 is cheap cheap

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
"and a bunch of random Glee episodes that have somehow made it onto the device, despite the fact that I do not watch or care about that particular show." :p

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
Well, here is the reason it is been sold for that price:

Should you wish to pay the full price, I will include the background image of my adorable yellow Labrador Retriev :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
Just flag it for spam. If more than a few people do it it will state that it's pending removal and won't even let people view it.

ravenas

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2010
"and a bunch of random Glee episodes that have somehow made it onto the device, despite the fact that I do not watch or care about that particular show." :p

I think we now know why this is a truly magical device. It acquires licensed content on its own. Was it struck by lightning and came out of the factory with the world's first truly sentient AI?

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
Why? Is he not allowed to ask that much for it?

Of course he's allowed. Don't be a wise ass.

Edit: I was going to comment on your "newness" here, and then I didn't. Then, I noticed you were in time-out and everything was suddenly clear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.