iPod touch un-jailbreakable ipod touch

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dot.ducky, Mar 11, 2012.

1. dot.ducky macrumors newbie

pretty sure this iPod touch is impossible to jailbreak...

MC version 8 GB second gen on 4.2.1... I've also tried 4.1...

I've used greenpois0n rc 5,6, and 6.1 as well as redsn0w 9.6 something through a bunch of others...

greenpois0n always gives me a failed message, while redsn0w always hangs on waiting for reboot

The only thing I've gotten to work is going to recovery mode while redsn0w was hanging. The jailbreak finished, but upon reboot (manually), there was no cydia or anything.

I'm about to give up, so if you guys have any suggestions, please give them. Hours of searching has given me no answers.

2. dot.ducky thread starter macrumors newbie

so i guess it really is un-jailbreakable

damn

3. doug1820 macrumors newbie

Hmmm. Seems odd.

I have an iPod touch 2g too and I had trouble jail breaking as well. Try to restore the iPod to factory condition in iTunes and then go back and try to jailbreak sometimes what happens is if one jailbreak tool fails it may do changes or not allow the other jailbreak tools to work so restore then try dfu also make sure that you do so on a recommended platform which means either on an Mac or on PC running Windows XP or 7 (not vista) that is 32 bit. It could be the PC as well but it doesn't sound unjailbreakable. Good Luck.

4. GHOSTHOUND macrumors newbie

GHOSTHOUND

If you're running on a stable/compatible OS by Microsoft (Windows XP, Windows 7) run redsn0w.exe AS ADMIN.