Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Hi all. Just made a QTZ to counteract the annoying mirror-image which is considered "normal" in Photo Booth. I borrowed a patch from the "Effect.qtz" which is located inside the Photo Booth.app, and I edited it in Quartz Composer :). Please note that this will NOT affect the mirror-image which occurs using other effects; they will STILL be mirror images of your subject.

Please use this and enjoy UN-flipped you!

Attachments

• Package.zip
    735.1 KB · Views: 4,039

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Command-Shift-F changes the mirror mode.
Picture 2.jpg

makingdots

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2008
thanks! I've been hunting this effect of photobooth or a mac app for months! Now, I don't need to open YM cam just to see my unmirrored me. :cool:

Dennis998

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
Unmirror Yourself patch by Glossywhite

Glossywhite--

I'm not tech-savvy. I have your patch on my desktop. There it is with the flowers.

I tried the putting the one over the other. No effect on the video.

I don't understand the "library/compositions" home folder instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dennis998

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
unmirror Yourself in Photobooth

Found my own solution. (Glossywhite thing didn't work for me.)

In Photobooth, ready to record video, click View drop-down menu and click "show effects."

Click furthest right box under image.

Click "un-flip me" panel.

You now have an unmirrored image ready to video.

FYI--iMovie is a little more involved to use (but not daunting) and starts out with an unmirrored image. It also allows you to tweak the sound and appearance of the video as well as add photos to it.

davythefatboy

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
Found my own solution. (Glossywhite thing didn't work for me.)

In Photobooth, ready to record video, click View drop-down menu and click "show effects."

Click furthest right box under image.

Click "un-flip me" panel.

You now have an unmirrored image ready to video.

Actually, that IS the GlossyWhite thing working for you, the un-flip me panel is the Filter you downloaded and installed from GlossyWhite!

----------

Please use this and enjoy UN-flipped you!

Thank you, I've been looking all over for this. Works great.

GanjaManja

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2007
awesome

We use Photo Booth for getting live images out of various cameras, and I install Un-Flip Me on all our lab computers! (As aforementioned, the "Auto-Flip" menu item does nothing to the live image.)
Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.