Unable to Activate! Help...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by damit, Sep 18, 2013.

1. damit macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

So I was in Ios 7 Beta 6 and decided right now to do a fresh install, but I downgraded first to ios 6.1.4 (through itunes) in order to upgrade from scratch to ios 7 GM, but now Im not able to activate it (6.1.4)! Both itunes and phone say that the servers doesn't respond... :(

Thank you

2. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

I'm in the same boat too. I can't activate my iPhone because the Activation server is busy from all the requests coming in from everyone updating to iOS 7. You and me will just have to wait it out just like everyone else.

3. damit thread starter macrumors newbie

Just manage to do something:

So I was having difficulties activating the ios 6.1.4, so i put the iphone in DFU mode, and on itunes(when it recognized a DFU iphone connected) I selected "Recover", now I'm doing a fresh install of IOS 7, i think... :)

4. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

Did it say which version of iOS you were installing? It should prompt you or at least let you see the download in the download manager.

In any case, my iPhone finally got through and I'm updating to iOS 7 now.

5. damit thread starter macrumors newbie

It said it would restore to factory settings+update to the newest version, I clicked "Ok" and then "Ios 7 user agreement" popped out. ;)

----------

64 minutes to go... Dam you Apple... xD