Unable to Activate Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techfuddle, Feb 8, 2011.

1. techfuddle macrumors newbie

Hi All - I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem...

I placed my order on February 3rd and just received my Verizon iPhone 4 today. When I ordered it, instead of doing an upgrade on my Verizon account, I added it as an "Additional Line", and ported my number over from AT&T. Today I tried to activate it, and no such luck. In iTunes it kept getting stuck on the Terms and Conditions page, and the phone just says "Waiting for Activation".

I called Verizon, and they are telling me I need to wait until the 10th to activate it because it is an "Additional Line". They said that only people who upgraded their devices are able to activate early.

I don't see how this makes any sense? Is anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks.
    - Eric

2. perezmarco macrumors member

they lied to you. I ordered an upgrade and an additional line also, and both were activated through iTunes. keep trying... be patient when on the activation step, it takes a while..

3. JohnsiPhone macrumors newbie

I know some readers of my blog are having the same problem. I wonder what is going on. Let me know if you figure it out.

I was informed only people upgrading would be able to get the iPhone. I am kind of surprised that they let you add a line to get the iPhone. But, now that you have it I don't know why they wouldn't let you activate :confused:

4. nanna24 macrumors newbie

If you are stuck on the Terms and Agreement page, try disconnecting your iPhone. Let us know if you get it working and what the solution was.

5. K4LK macrumors 6502

K4LK

That's what I did with my brother's phone. Worked! ;)

6. techfuddle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I did get past the Terms and Conditions page issue by ejecting it and plugging it back in. Now when I plug it in it tries to sync (which is good). However, it has been about 2 hours, and it still says "iPhone is not Activated" "Contact your carrier at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone if this problem continues to occur". I tried resetting it, restarting it, etc...and when I do it says "Waiting for activation" and then it says "iPhone is not Activated" Ignore or Try Again.

: (

7. jenzjen macrumors 68000

I had the same problem on day 1 with 2 upgrades. It took a 10 minute call to Verizon tech support, as they needed to provision something on the back-end and voila, phones worked. Call Verizon again.

8. Shrapnel macrumors newbie

Try dialing *228 from the iPhone. Also make sure the old phone that is being ported from is turned off. Had to do that for my wife's any my phone today, though they were upgrades for existing Verizon accounts. I actually needed to call and have them force the new phone ID for my wife's account, after that the *228 worked on her's too.

Good luck!

9. landscapeman macrumors regular

I had this problem this morning when my phone showed up. I had to call Verizon to have them activate it.

10. tdar macrumors 6502a

You can try the *228 and attempt the programing but I bet it will not work. The same thing happened to me yesterday when I was activating mine. You need to talk to tech support not to customer service. For me, they had to remove the iphone from my account and then re add it. After that the *228 worked.