Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
I recently experienced something rather strange. I had just sent someone a text message and as some of you may know, when you send a text message on a pay-as-you-go iPhone 3G you get your balance shown with a big 'DISMISS' button at the bottom.

As I sent a message I received an incoming call but as I went to answer it my balance popped up with the big DISMISS button over everything. When I clicked the DISMISS button it went back to the home screen and backgrounded the incoming call. My phone was still ringing and vibrating but even when I manually went into the phone thinking it would be sitting there asking me to answer it actually let me dial a number at which point the incoming call stopped.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I just being stupid? I've only had my iPhone for around 2 weeks now and I couldn't see anything about incoming calls getting sent to the background.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
I had three occasions when my phone did a very simular thing (ie an incomming call when I had SMS open and the phone would pehave as you describe). Updating the softwaren to 2.1 fixed it for me. I presume that you've already done this?

ILBandit

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2008
Mine did a similar thing this morning, I wasn't in the texting screen though. I had just switched it to the vibrate mode, and it started vibrating like someone was calling me, but there was noting on the screen indicating a call was coming in. I switched it back to the "sound on" mode, and my default ringtone was ringing, like someone was calling me. But it didn't stop, I had to power the phone off to make it quit, has worked fine since then.

I assumed it was just a little freak thing that happened, and nothing to worry about unless it starts doing it again.

Also running the latest software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.