Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smacky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Hi folks, just wondering if anyone else has experienced the following issue with Sierra and connecting to network servers / folders / shares through Finder?

Previously clicking on a network server in the Finder sidebar, Finder would automatically connect using the credentials stored in Keychain and then display the shared folders on that server.

But now, clicking on a network server it will go 'Connecting > Not connected' then I will have to click 'Connect As'. A dialog then comes up with the username and password prefilled from Keychain, then it connects after clicking OK.

Is this a bug anyone else has encountered? Any solutions?

Cheers

Smacky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Seems to be common among other users from other forums as well. I've reported it to Apple as a bug, and will see what happens. Might be worth while doing the same to get some momentum going on this issue

thekayman

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
This is very annoying. Also, if computer goes to sleep, it does not automatically reconnect whe it comes back on, the way it did in El Cap.

Hope they fix it asap.

Sebski

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2016
UK

odoy

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2015
Germany
..........I don't know if Apple's planning to fix that or it's a 'new feature'.
No chance! That kind of bug is one of them which exists 1-2 OS releases.
I saw many of them. If just a few people are affected its not high priority for Apple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.