Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n0m0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
HERE
Hello,
I have been experiencing a problem with iCloud and the automatic Backup.
It looks like my iPh6s iOS 9.02 (jailbreak = jb) appears to have stopped backing up via iCloud last Monday.

I had not jb at that time in fact I jb 2 days later (Wednesday) so I don't feel its jb related.

Now I could be wrong but that would mean my iPh6s wasn't backing up for days and I just seemed to hit the time when I jb my device.

So far I have deleted the backup that was created last Sunday because I read on a forum that it could be corrupted.
I also turned off and on the backup option, iCloud option in settings but overtime I try to Backup Now it fails.

Clearly I can't call Apple support because they will automatically tell me to update my device to 9.1 if it addresses it or not.

So I come here for any direction.

Thank you

graphiteevo

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Hello,
I have been experiencing a problem with iCloud and the automatic Backup.
It looks like my iPh6s iOS 9.02 (jailbreak = jb) appears to have stopped backing up via iCloud last Monday.

I had not jb at that time in fact I jb 2 days later (Wednesday) so I don't feel its jb related.

Now I could be wrong but that would mean my iPh6s wasn't backing up for days and I just seemed to hit the time when I jb my device.

So far I have deleted the backup that was created last Sunday because I read on a forum that it could be corrupted.
I also turned off and on the backup option, iCloud option in settings but overtime I try to Backup Now it fails.

Clearly I can't call Apple support because they will automatically tell me to update my device to 9.1 if it addresses it or not.

So I come here for any direction.

Thank you
I read that if your iPhone is tied to multiple apple IDs that could be the issue, I would check that first

n0m0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
HERE
I read that if your iPhone is tied to multiple apple IDs that could be the issue, I would check that first
Multiple ID's?
Where would I find that because I have only had one unless Apple did something.

Thanks

n0m0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
HERE
Yeah I kinda didn't think it was the jailbreak but I didn't know nor do know why I'm having an issue.

Which is why I posted.
Hope someone could shed some light on my problem.

Thanks

digitalberg

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2015
Can you backup on iTunes?, if you can then restore and jailbreak again then try again backup on icloud?

n0m0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
HERE
Can you backup on iTunes?, if you can then restore and jailbreak again then try again backup on icloud?

Can I ?
I read that Apple stopped signing 9.02.
And I was successful backing up to iTunes.

Im trying again to iCloud backup and have been sitting at 4 min (the end of the status bar) for 15 min...
I am feeling its going to fail again.

digitalberg

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2015
If iTunes backed up your data then you dont have to worry that much.

i had similar issue before however i managed to backup on the icloud before i reset network settings and reset all settings from iphone 6. (try reset settings only). if you cant then no point to waste your more time better restore IOS from iTunes again .

n0m0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
HERE
If iTunes backed up your data then you dont have to worry that much.

i had similar issue before however i managed to backup on the icloud before i reset network settings and reset all settings from iphone 6. (try reset settings only). if you cant then no point to waste your more time better restore IOS from iTunes again .

I didn't think since Apple stopped signing 9.02 I'd be able to restore to 9.02.?

Mickyuki

Suspended
Sep 28, 2015
I didn't think since Apple stopped signing 9.02 I'd be able to restore to 9.02.?
I think so. According to a tutorial from wikihow, you just reset your iPhone first (Go to Settings> General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings) and then iPhone screen will display the factory default image and show the "slide to set up" message. Do not start this process. Instead, open your iTunes and then plug your iPhone into your computer to restore backup via iTunes. Whenever asked if you want to upgrade to a newer version of iOS, just click cancel, and that way you will be restored without updating to iOS 9.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.