Unable to burn, the burn failed because of a medium write error?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TJames, Aug 28, 2009.

1. TJames macrumors newbie

Hi guys, i'm trying to burn a Windows 7 ISO my brother got from some ACM subscription thing. Anyway, every time i try to burn it, it says "Unable to burn "(cd name)". (The burn failed because of a medium write error.)".

Why is this happening? Is it the superdrive or the DVD-Rs? My computer is the Macbook pro with 2.4GHz intel core 2 duo cpu and with 2GB of 676MHz DDR2 SDRAM. The DVD-Rs i'm trying to use are Sony branded.

Thanks for any help!

2. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Try a different brand of DVD's to see if that helps. It is possible that you have a bad batch...

3. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I used to get that error message quite often, it turned out to be due to dust in the superdrive. I wasted 5 DL-DVD's before working it out.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

For DL discs there are many brands people use with success but the most trusted brand is Verbaitum at this point. I've burned a DL DVD just recently without issue using LiquidCD (free).

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

For one, are you using DualLayer DVDs (DL DVD-R) or single layer (DVD-R)?:confused:

6. TJames thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure i'm using just normal DVD-Rs....i threw the label thing away so i don't really know. I do have this piece of paper that came with it that says Accucore, not sure what that means though.

7. TJames thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright guys, i resolved my problem. Turns out it was the DVDs because i found some random solid white colored blank DVDs in my basement, so i just tried them and they worked. I think they're from the apple store, thanks for all of the responses anyway.