Unable to buy Apps because....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mark Booth, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

I am completely able to download all of the FREE Apps I want from the iTunes store. But I haven't actually been able to purchase any Apps (or anything else at this time) from the iTunes store because there's a glitch in trying to update my credit card. The card I had on file expired last month and I need to put in the new expiration date before I can make a purchase. But each time I try to do that, I get an error message in iTunes telling me "Your request could not be completed". It makes reference to checking the date and time on my computer and provides a link to a Knowledge Base article about such problems. Nothing in the KB article helped me solve the problem.

It's not that I can't log into my iTunes account (I can), it's that I can't update the payment information. Until I'm able to do that, I can't buy anything.

Weird!

Mark

Edit: Setting the date and time forward (even 2-3 days forward) doesn't cure the problem. And the KB article that Apple links to is for Windows users having this problem under iTunes 7, not for Mac users.

2. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Probably just the system showing signs of getting hit hard by demand. I would just try a little later. I know I did plenty of browsing through their App Store earlier. Got several apps downloaded and ready to install on my iPhone when I get it. Only bought one so far though, the Texas Hold'Em game...looked like the best one I've seen yet, beat the pants off the one I have on my 2125.

3. Mark Booth thread starter macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Problem solved!

Since downloading iTunes 7.7 late last night (early this morning), I had not quit iTunes nor restarted my computer. Simply quitting iTunes and restarting it was all that was needed to allow me to update my iTunes credit card information.

All is well. In addition to the half dozen FREE iPhone Apps I had already downloaded, I just downloaded Solitaire Forever and Super Monkey Ball. Life is good!

Mark